Monday, October 06, 2003

Weekend was awesome. So many things happen and lots of miles spend and get together things. First my sister came on Friday, make it two of them at my house (another one already there). I was thinking also on how to celebrate Ita's birthday on Saturday, Oct.4th. I bought a chocolate cake on Friday and keep it in Mahzan's fridge. Later that nite send Mahzan to Hentian Kajang. He's going home to Kelantan. He left his car keys with me. I though of using his car tomorrow to buy somethings for Ita's birthday.

When Saturday came, the plan has changed. Ita asked me if I want to follow her to KLCC with their company's Participant of Child care course. I was undecissive for 2 reasons. First, if I follow her, when I can do preparations for her birthday (flowers etc). Secondly, I think I didn't have proper pant and shoes for KLCC. Kinda higher class place for me... at 10.20 am, we arrived at KLCC via Putra LRT from Jelatek. I was wearing my rugby shirt, a slack and adidas sandal(new one, just bought last week).

Spend some times at Memory Lane to buy Birthday Cards. I bought two. Quiet expensive lah. Never mind coz it's for my wife. :) Ita bought 3 pairs of Ultraman underwear. For Luqman lah, not for me of course. Took our brunch at the food course, fish & chip for Luqman and Japanese Prawn noodle for Ita. I was eating both of them.

Singgah kat Giant Setiawangsa for some groceries. New store and it's quite nice and convenience. Got post office attached and petronas station just before it. Before head home, fecthing Furqan, Zaid and their pengasuh, Mona. Their parents (our close friend) went to Shaklee seminar at Genting for 2 days and Furqan and Zaid will spend the weekend at our house.

Bla...blaa.. penat.. tired after getting things ready for tonites buffday party. Dah peram ayam untuk dibakar nanti. Pergi beli arang and few things. Inviting only Mekja and Era. They brought along anak toke kedai makan sebelah office. All went well except my chicken terbakar sikit. Arang tu menyala kuat sampai terbakar ayam-ayam. Penat nya bakar ayam sorang-sorang. Isk.. tak habis lagi.. hari ahad belum lagi.....

David Blaine made my mind explore new areas in my brain in the effort to search for explaination of his magic.

He leapt out, blasted new interest into magic, and is now practically a household name - in addition to making 6 million last year. This is going to be a breakdown of why.

He's a guy in a t-shirt walking down the street. He walks up to any person... he doesn't care if it's one or five. He starts something with that person.

He just... DOES magic.

He lets the magic speak for itself and he only chooses tricks that look like real magic. That is a very very important key. Consider the image you want to project. Do you want to present puzzles.... something someone else can't figure out? Or do you want to look like you are doing real magic? Well, choose your magic brilliantly, then. Get rid of all the stuff that needs crazy little props and weird items... unless they are unseen and help to produce an incredible effect, like raven, or a cigarette pull or a thumb tip.

If you watch most of the other magicians - on TV or wherever - they all seem like they are hiding something. They talk fast... they move around a lot. They have a lot of razzle dazzle.

He just... DOES it. He does the trick and he presents it as a phenomenon. As something to watch. That's why he says "watch" and "look" so much. Because that's what he wants you to do. And that's what you would say too if you were actually doing real magic. You WOULDN'T look like you were trying to hide something.... you wouldn't seem flighty or skittish.

You would just DO it. And you would be very, VERY bold about it.

No comments: