Friday, September 19, 2003

I was comtemplating for ideas to pour, creating a good design. A week ago exactly on 12th September, closing date for KLIUC Logo design competition. The prize is RM700 for logo and RM300 for Motto. Before noon, I was able to produce 10 designs. Since there's no limit per entrance, I go for my maximum. My tools were the paintshop, macromedia fireworks MX and Canon BJC 2100-SP. I was showing my designs to few lecturers and students to have their first view. Basically I was searching to create an arch design which can represent infrastructure supreme. Then I remember Putrajaya bridge. Jambatan Gemilang if I'm not mistaken. Few seconds googling, I then can see the bridge design. Using that as a guide, I made a simpler design yet interesting and has dynamic element. Since our University College emphasize on infrastructure technology, I think it was a great concept to include such design into the logo.

I was told that today, there will be looking at all entries and shortlist them. As far as I know, there's no other staffs sending their entries. But approximately they got around 40 entries altogether. Most from students. I have seen some of the entries and I think they are not to the standard to become an official logo. MOst use hand design. Some use the computer but create it via microsoft word. I'm not sure what will be the result. I am just hoping one or two entries get the attention.

Here, there's another competition

Name : X Prize Competition
Organise by : X Prize Foundation, USA.
Prize : USD 10 Millions

Rules and Regulations
The contest is open to all residents of the world. Aliens are not allowed. The team must send 3 persons at least 100 metres into the space and get back to the earth. The shuttle/plane/saucers/whatever must be able to fly again. After the first successful attempt, the team must repeat the same journey in two weeks time.The competition is first come first serve basic. Which team who successfully complete the exercise will win the prize.

Teams competing so far

17 teams from all around the world. Some teams expected to launch the mission by 2003.

We'll wait and see who will win....

No comments: